.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013



                                Knitting up Those Lovely Little Leftovers


Briggs and Little our great Canadian standard. Always there for us when warmth, durability and reliability must prevail. I have carried Briggs and Little yarn, here in the shop, for 15 years now. Again and again I return to it, passing over Angora, Alpaca and other exotic alternatives. For that classic New Brunswick knit no other will do.

Of course we all accumulate piles of little remnants from this project and that. This year I have decided to embrace the leftover. Grouping like with like I am delighted with the resulting basket brimming over, in this instance, with Briggs and Little wool.

Since we're talking "comfort food" I turned to Nancy Bush and "Knitting on The Road". Though I'm not a traveling sock knitter, at the moment, working my way through my mountainous stash feels like I'm getting somewhere.


01 09 10