.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Friday, January 26, 2007

NEW ARRIVALS

... adding a splash of colour to the month of January, new arrivals from Fleece Artist and Hand Maiden.






Notes on Einstein: better late than never I have started to work on the KAL project "for real". I have finished approximately 2/3 of the bottom skirt...... having allot of fun with it! I am knitting with with Lopi but using a kid mohair strand along with it. The mohair is fine enough so as not to throw the gauge off. I don't have a huge amount of this embellishment so I'm using it sparingly.

ON BUTTON HOLES: Since button holes are up and coming for me I took a peek ahead to see how things are going to come together. I noticed that the button holes as written in the pattern do not match the spacing pictured in the sample coats (pictured in the book). With a quick Google search I found that Sally Melville has addressed this observation in answer to yet another on-line Einstein knitter. She writes: "The buttonholes as written are a little higher in the garment than shown in the picture. The reason for this is that when we combined the men’s and women’s sizes, it seemed like the placement of the buttonholes as on the men’s worked better for the larger sizes. So, the first buttonhole is perhaps 4 (I can’t tell from the photo) sts higher on the women’s coats than shown.
Please forgive this: but the choice was to combine the patterns and suffer the consequences OR delete at least 1 other pattern from the book."
Bottom Line...just follow the pattern and all will be well. I love this project!
...back to the London-Wul Homepage: www.thewoolworks.com
01 09 10