.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

FENCING MY FIBRE



Yesterday was like my birthday.
I bought a new fencer, solar powered so that we can complete the new pasture across from the wool shop. I spent the day with Arnold, shopping for "property stuff" like the fencer and flagging tape and gate hinges. I loved every minute of it. Being with Arnold (more so after these 10 years), planning and dreaming about the farm. I was born in Montreal. Having pastures to fence is big for me, very big.
After gathering supplies we bought a cake. A beautiful "summer cake". A flat tort heaped with fruit on top. and no, it's nowhere near my birthday.

All of my animals are close to home right now, just down our farm lane. When I first started out my wool shop was a small section of one of the buildings "down below". I loved it because I was so close to the rabbits and to the pastures. The new shop is much, much bigger, which is great but I do miss the animals.

This is a picture of the new pasture being fenced.
It's what you'll see from the doorstep of our shop.
I'll walk some of the goats and or sheep down each morning to graze here. They'll go back to our main barns at night since I need them closer to home in order to sleep tight. Our border collie Finn is delighted with the idea of moving them around daily!


back to the London-Wul Homepage:
www.thewoolworks.com
01 09 10