.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Friday, August 30, 2013

August Ends

August has been a colorful month. I've dyed loads of wool fabric for rug hooking and wool applique.
There has been lots of freshly dyed yarn as well. We are excited about the  Fall season with workshops in full swing and new fibres, yarns and fabrics arriving for the "nesting season".
How would we possibly make it through the long Canadian winter without stitching?
I have been knitting up a storm not being able to resist temptation with all the lovely new yarns in the shop. there is still time, by the way to join me in my first Mystery Knit Along by Stephen West.
We have 32 absolutely gorgeous colors in Shibui's Merino/silk  "Staccato",  perfect for Stephens "Color Craving" MKAL.

As the weather cools off I am looking forward to quilting  the top that I put together this summer. As well I am keeping up with my quilt challenge group. This month's challenge theme is "the sound of silence". ... still thinking on this one. Life on the farm is anything but silent!

There are  hooked rugs 'aplenty in my life at the moment as well. Several in various stages of completion as is how I like to tackle a series. As well I am off to visit the US again as I continue to explore punch needle hooking. In the meantime, punch hooks, monks cloth and, of course, yarns are available in the shop for those who would like to give it a try.

 XO Heidi










01 09 10