.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

For my Quilt Challenge group...

The Summer holds a challenge for me to read as much as I possibly can. For our June/July challenge themed "memories"  my mind turned to novels, conjuring characters and creating their fictional memories. Next life, a novelist! Oh to have such a talent.
In the meantime here is my summer novel, created in the form of a small, whimsical quilt. "The factory girls" Can you imagine their story? Can you imagine their memories?

Image transfer, piecing, applique, machine stitching.
With special thanks to Betty London for providing the photograph that was used in this piece.




 
           

more Latitude challenge Quilts here: http://latitudequilts.blogspot.ca/



01 09 10