.

London-Wul is a fibre farm in New Brunswick Canada where animals are neither destroyed nor sold without exception. Also a national award winning shop and studio, London-Wul is home to textile artist Heidi Wulfraat.


Saturday, May 24, 2008

ON GOING

...still working on the "Angus" rug which is quite large, but progress has been good.
At the moment I am working with these digital images of the rug, printing them out and fine tuning a colour scheme for the remaining background. I like to use prints of the developing rug, coloured pencils and ink to decide on the finishing touches before actually hooking them. Not that I am opposed to "unhooking" something that I'd like to change but having a "practice run" seems to clarify things quite nicely. The images don't have to be great (as you can see). I simply need to have an idea of where I'm heading. These were taken from the loft in our house looking down onto the ground floor.





...back to the London-Wul Homepage: www.thewoolworks.com
01 09 10