.

........................................................................................................................................................Now in Mahone Bay Nova Scotia.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

HANDSPUN FEELS LIKE HOME


Here's one for all of you spinners out there. Most people don't really "get it", right? Ahh..... but the true fibre aficionado can appreciate the body, the essence, the life within a handspun yarn. I decided that my handspun skeins in the shop were becoming overwhelmed by their industrial counterparts - that is commercial yarn. Fresh new labels and a place of prominence have refreshed the scenery and once again I am home!


I've been spinning on my Schacht in the studio, working mostly on heavy, textured, one-ply using a lumbering 4:1 ratio, or the angora/wool blend pictured below. At home, in the evenings, my heart belongs to the tiny Louet Victoria who is delicately churning out ultra fine silk blends. Such a great little wheel!


.... back to the London-Wul Homepage: www.thewoolworks.com


01 09 10